Tuesday, October 18, 2011

One step at a time

I have been feeling totally overwhelmed with cleaning lately. Have you ever been lacking motivation, feeling overwhelmed, and not knowing where to start? Well, that has been me for the last week and each day I kept getting more frustrated as I looked around and saw everything that needed to be cleaned, organized, or put away. With life feeling a little cluttered and me feeling a bit stressed I observed that my eating habits were not the best, and I was not feeling inspired to make much of anything for dinner.

What can you do when you feel stuck in a rut?

The only way that ends up working for me is to start small, tackle one thing at a time,  and then before you know it I am vacuuming, cleaning the sink, organizing paperwork, clearing off my dining room table (which often ends up being the dumping ground for lots of papers and mail), and inspired to make an easy fall supper that the whole family enjoyed.

I have been reminded of a few things through this process.

1.  When you want to make a big change, remember the steps it takes to get there. For me wanting to have a clean home I needed to start small... organize my junk drawer and shoe rack one day, do laundry another day etc... Each time I felt accomplished and motivated enough to complete a small task, and ready to do a little more the next day.

2. When we feel overwhelmed, and our home environment feels cluttered or not organized then it has a huge impact on the foods that we chose to eat. If our life feels chaotic, chances are we might not be making the healthiest food choices which in return leaves us feeling more run down and unmotivated.

3. It's all connected! When one thing is lacking it can effect other aspects of our lives for sure.

So.... if you are feeling overwhelmed with cleaning, cooking meals, eating healthy or making time to exercise, remember to start small, build your confidence and your motivation and before you know it, things fall right into place and it all becomes easier and more manageable and almost effortless like a waterfall flowing down the mountainside.

Is there something that might be overwhelming you? What small step can you take to start tackling your goal and get things flowing the right way again.

Be Well,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment