Monday, June 25, 2012

Healthier Milkshake

I love chocolate. 
I love frozen drinks/ smoothies.
I love "treats".
I love eating things that are good for me.

That is why I came up with a dessert smoothie that was made with healthier ingredients that I could feel good about because on hot summer days sometimes it feels like you could eat ice cream everyday. It is nice to have a healthy substitute that satisfies. This recipe was a hit with my husband and 4 year old too!

Chocolate Milkshake

2 tbsp cacao powder
2-3 pitted dates
1/2 cup cashews
1 cup almond milk (could use coconut, hemp or rice milk too)
1 banana
2-3 frozen strawberries or a few cubes of ice if you want it cold.

Put it all in the blender, blend,  and enjoy!

You could also leave out the cacao, and add more strawberries for a strawberry shake.


I am having fun looking for and testing out healthier summer recipes for my FREE Summer Lovin' Recharge Program. Check it out and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment